When it comes to replacing missing teeth, there is no better solution than dental implants. They are quickly becoming the new standard for tooth replacement.
Dental implants can be the answer for the following conditions:
- You have missing teeth
- You have a proper bone structure and healthy gums to anchor the implant
- You are unable to wear dentures
Dental Implant Options
You can use dental implants to replace a single tooth, more than one tooth, or the entire upper and/or lower set of teeth. The dental implant treatment consists of two stages — dental implant placement and post connection.
In stage one, dental implants (small posts made of titanium) are placed into the bone sockets of the missing teeth. They are left to heal for a period of six to 12 weeks, as the jawbone grows around the posts making them permanent fixtures of the jaw.
In stage two, we secure a small connector post — called an abutment — to the implanted post. This will be the connection point for the new tooth or teeth. A fixed bridge, porcelain crown, or cosmetic denture is then placed on top of it.
The use of dental implants can provide the following benefits:
- Prevents gradual loss of bone by replacing the natural tooth root
- Reduce the load on the remaining oral structures/teeth
- They are cared for exactly the same way as natural teeth
If you need dental implants, give us a call! We’d be happy to help.