Mona Lisa has nothing on the smiles seen in today’s healthy, white teeth! Maintaining your beautiful smile is easier than ever! But if you aren’t smiling because of chipped or broken teeth, severe decay or because you have missing teeth for whatever reason, we can help!
At Morris County Dental Associates, we specialize in veneers, implants and cosmetic dentistry.
Whether you have natural teeth, crowns, veneers, implants or bridges, a good dental health care routine is vitally important.
- Consider this: Your oral health impacts more than your smile. It is also about protecting your mouth from plaque, bacteria that weakens tooth enamel and leads to tooth decay and gum irritation. Plaque can cause periodontal disease, the number one cause of tooth loss in adults.
- Ask yourself:
- Do I have a daily dental health routine?
- What kind of dental care products am I using?
- Should I consider using additional dental health care tools?
- Here are some tips and suggestions:
- Remember to brush and floss at least twice a day for three minutes.
- Choosing the right toothbrush is important!
- Choose a brush that fits your mouth, has soft bristles rather than stiff and is easy to use, whether manual or electric.
- Be gentle, focus on every tooth and don’t forget to brush your tongue! Bacteria hide in the crevices of the tongue and can be responsible for bad breath.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste and replace your toothbrush every three to four months.
- May we also suggest using:
- A Waterpik – An essential tool for cleaning between crowns, veneers and implants. Its gentle massaging action is also good for your gums.
- A Tongue Scraper – Designed to fit the curve of your tongue, it deeply scrapes and cleans your tongue’s surface, where the germs that cause bad breath tend to hide.
- A Whitening Toothpaste – When used twice a day, surface stains on your teeth caused by coffee, tea and red wine are broken down by these peroxide-based toothpastes.
- The rules for maintaining healthy teeth and gums apply to all ‘types’ of teeth!
- Contact us today to schedule an consultation!