Emergency Dentist Succasunna, NJ

In the event of a dental emergency, call 973-298-5893. Dr. Ira Goldberg is a dentist in Succasunna, NJ that provides emergency dental treatment to patients at Morris County Dental Associates. Emergency dentistry is a part of our office’s general dentistry services. If your emergency is happening during business hours, call our office to discuss your concerns. Even if your emergency occurs after hours, we will return your message as soon as possible and attempt to schedule your appointment for the next business day.

Emergency Dentistry in Succasunna, NJ

Dental Emergencies and Treatments

Are you suffering from extreme dental pain? Have you recently had an injury to your mouth? In the event of an oral health emergency, you can rely on the expertise of our emergency dental team to provide you with the assistance and treatment that you need. The pain that comes from oral health issues including tooth decay, infected gums, cavities, and toothaches can be excruciating. But we are here to help!

There are several common dental emergencies that patients come to our office for:

We offer multiple treatment options at Morris County Dental Associates. Our professional team:

  • Relieves tooth pain
  • Fights tooth infections
  • Treats gum swelling
  • Provides dental implant crowns
  • Repairs chipped, cracked, or fractured teeth
  • Repairs and replaces dental fillings and crowns

Dental Emergency FAQs

Learn the answers to frequently asked questions about emergency dentistry below:

What do I do in the event of a dental emergency?

The first step is to call the office of Dr. Goldberg as soon as possible. Seeking immediate treatment is the most effective choice because many dental concerns worsen over time. If you are experiencing a dire emergency dial 911.

What do I do if I have a tooth abscess?

If you suspect you have a tooth abscess, you must seek medical attention as soon as possible. Call our office and explain that you are having a dental emergency. Inform them about your symptoms, including any swelling, pain, or drainage.

While waiting for your appointment, you can take pain relievers and apply ice to your face to help manage the pain. Avoid hot or cold foods as they may lead to extreme sensitivity. Gently rinse your mouth with warm saltwater to help alleviate discomfort and reduce inflammation.

Never try to drain the abscess yourself. This can lead to further complications and spread of infection. Continue to care for your oral health. Simply be careful around the affected area.

What do I do if my tooth gets knocked out?

If your tooth has been knocked out, contact our dentist office immediately. Swift action is crucial if you lose a tooth. Retrieve the tooth if you can, and handle it carefully. Only hold the tooth by the crown portion avoiding the roots. Lightly rinse the tooth and place it in a cup of saliva or milk to transport it to us. A tooth that is preserved like this may be able to be replaced within one hour of loss.

If we are unable to reposition the tooth, we offer many replacement options. We can use dental implants, dental bridges, and dentures to replace the missing tooth.

What do I do if I am have severe tooth pain?

You can take an over-the-counter pain reliever to improve symptoms. In severe cases, your pain may be caused by tooth decay or an abscess. Call our office to schedule an appointment with Dr. Goldberg if the pain persists.

While waiting for your appointment, there are some things you can do to find relief. Apply a cold compress or ice pack to the outside of your cheek in 15-minute intervals to help reduce swelling and numb the area. Avoid hot, cold, sweet, or acidic foods that could make the sensitivity worse. You can also try over-the-counter oral gels or ointments containing benzocaine. These may provide temporary relief from the pain.

What do I do if I have chipped or fractured tooth?

Schedule an appointment with your dentist as soon as possible to assess the extent of the damage. If you can, save any of the pieces that came off the tooth. Rinse them gently with water. Keep the area around the tooth as clean as possible without causing more damage. If bleeding is present, apply gauze and gentle pressure to help control it. A cold compress or ice pack on the outside of your cheek can help with swelling and pain. If you are experiencing pain, you can take over-the-counter pain relievers. Avoid chewing any food with that tooth. Prompt dental care is essential to prevent further damage and address the chipped tooth effectively.

What do I do if an object is stuck between my teeth?

Do not use any sharp objects to try to remove the object as it may damage the tooth or gums. Gently floss between the teeth to see if this can remove the object. Contact our office if you can not remove the object. Persistent irritation or injury may require professional intervention. Seeking timely dental care ensures proper removal and addresses any potential damage or discomfort.

What do I do if my dental crown or filling breaks or falls out?

Contact Morris County Dental Associates as soon as possible to schedule an appointment. If the crown or filling is intact, keep it in a safe place. It might be possible for your dentist to reattach it. Do not try to repair or reattach the crown or filling yourself. This may lead to to further damage.

Maintain proper oral hygiene until your appointment, but be cautions around the tooth. Try to chew on the opposite side to avoid sensitivity.
At your appointment, your dentist will assess your tooth. If a repair is not possible, we will be able to construct and fit you with a new dental restoration.

What do I do if my denture or dental bridge breaks?

Call our office as soon as possible to schedule an appointment. Bring your broken appliance with you to the appointment. Dr. Goldberg will help you to determine the best treatment plan for replacing the appliance.

Never try to attempt a DIY repair on your denture or dental bridge. Attempting this will lead to further damage or an ill-fitting restoration. Dr. Goldberg will assess the damage to determine the best course of action. He may be able to repair your denture or dental bridge.

In the meantime, refrain from using it. You could potentially harm yourself or cause discomfort in your mouth. Regular dental checkups will help detect issues early and prevent damage.

Dr. Ira Goldberg is ready to assist you with your dental pain. Contact Morris County Dental Associates at 973-298-5893. If you do not have a dental emergency, you can request an appointment online.